Saturday, December 12, 2015

25 Days 2 Christmas - Smile

"You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy." 1 Peter 1:8


I am trying an experiment this Christmas. I am giving away smiles. Not necessarily my infamous big goofy smiles. Just a merry smile. Interesting results so far! Kids respond to a smile quickly with a smile back. Youth are almost as quick. Adults look nervous but then often smile back.

"A smile is happiness you'll find right under your nose" says Tom Wilson. "We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." observed the late Mother Teresa. A warm smile is the universal language of kindness -  William Arthur Ward

We smile because it is the window on our souls filled with joy that our Savior has come. He has defeated sin and death. Faith in Him is an invitation into God's kingdom to live a life of meaning and hope. Christ coming we celebrate at Christmas is the beginning of all this joy. 

Let's smile!

Prayer: Lord Jesus thank you for the hope, peace, love and joy I have in you. Please help me make a connection between my heart and my face. Amen"

Gift to others: This is a simple one. Smile at people today. Watch the response.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for these words